March 9, 2012

Body 4 Believers

Today I started a lifestyle change in my eating. I desperately need to lose weight, but it needs to be in a way that works for me. Other "diets" have worked for a while, but nothing long term. This is a way of life and a change that we can do together as a family.

I will say up front that I am not an expert on this program. I am a "newbie" and I am just learning, but I thought it might help others down the road if I shared my journey from day one, so here I am.

I came home last night psyched from attending the first class, but quickly realized I didn't have much in the house that I could use to have breakfast in the morning (within an hour of waking up)! I did have peanut butter..... I decided to go right to Foodland when I got up this morning. I was surprised to see that they now carry the Double Fiber Wheat Bread (I had looked for it there a few weeks ago and they did not carry it). I got some bread, eggs, and fat free cheese slices. Not much, but a start.

I had two pieces of toast with peanut butter for breakfast. I will admit right now that breakfast is the hardest meal for me to eat. I do not like to eat anything until about noon - and I know that is a big part of my problem. With that said, I can handle peanut butter toast in the morning - so I am guessing that will probably be pretty regular for me for breakfast during the week. :)

Lunch was turkey sandwich with fat free mayo, spicy mustard and some dill pickles. Dinner was grilled pork chop with peppers, onions & mushrooms and broccoli. Snack was some peanut butter and celery sticks. Extras were dill pickles, radishes and sugar free jello.

I realize some of you reading this may have no idea what I mean by the extras and such. It's too much to explain in one post, so I will save that for another day. The only regret I have for today is that it is almost 9 pm and I am sitting here trying to finish my water - and I'm not to thrilled to be drinking this soon before bedtime!! argh! I spent a lot of time in the van today and I didn't get my water down earlier in the day - I will not do this again tomorrow!!!

I guess that's all for now. I will say that I have not been hungry today. I feel good and I'm glad day 1 is about over with! On to day 2.....

0 comments: