May 6, 2009

Two Years Ago . . .

I intended to get this posted yesterday, but a visit to a church member in the hospital after work prevented me from doing so - - 

Two years ago yesterday, at about 3 pm we were introduced to Brittany.  She came that day to live in our home temporarily, but in our hearts permanently.  Here is a photo that I took of her at 3:07 pm that day as we placed her car seat into our van for the very first time.


It just so happened, that exactly one year later, I was with Brittany and her Mom at a WIC appointment and snapped the following photo of her with my phone.  What is so unique about this photo is that without even realizing it, I had taken a picture of her exactly one year later - almost to the exact minute!    Here is the photo taken at 3:16 pm last year... 

So, this year, although I didn't actually see Brittany yesterday, I did ask her Mom to take a picture for me to continue the tradition - - this one was taken around 4 pm.

Someday I will write more about how the Lord has worked in our lives and in the lives of her family through this amazing little girl - - but for today, I just want to say how thankful I am that He brought her into our lives!

0 comments: